Thursday 26 May 2011

Beginning Today

Suddenly, today, this song came to mind, and I want to make note of it.

"Beginning Today my mornings are yours, 
The hope that downs in their light
Beginning today my evenings and dreams
my gift to you is my life."

The words above are the chorus to a beautiful song.  For more of the lyrics, please click on any word in the chorus above.

In the few references to this song that I have seen on the internet, most mention this as a wedding song.  Indeed, it is played at weddings, and verse 1 has words appropriate for a couple.  But look further to verse 2, and you will see that the song speaks of a love greater even than that between spouses.

He gave His life for us, and invites us into his forgiveness and his wonderful light.  Today, I write this entry as my morning prayer.  I pray that I will always remember that:
"Beginning today, my mornings are yours..."

No comments: